Monday, February 23, 2009

Unsafe Streets

The time has come ... and don't say you weren't warned. Lock your cars in the garage and pull down the shades ...my beautiful granddaughter, Cheyenne, has been given a legal permit to drive a 3000 pound piece of machinery around on public streets, independently. It seems like just yesterday she was driving her three-wheeler, so how did this happen so fast? Yes, I know she's intelligent and careful ... but I'd much prefer to keep her in a glass case for a few more years. Sixteen years old seems younger and younger every year! But so far, so good. It helps her mom out, and her sister, Ciara, is secretly loving it. I think they both feel like they've grown wings. I'm working on the second generation of worrying and I'm getting proficient at it. Be safe, girls ... you are transporting precious cargo.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is too funny! I know how you feel, I'm not sure if it is an excited or nervous feeling. I'm sure it is nervous for all the right reasons.