Monday, June 8, 2009

Dreams Can Come True


My brother Dan's employer requires him to travel to the Dallas area monthly for meetings and I am always invited to ride along to visit friends, or the many family members on our Dad's side that live there.  

This time, I made arrangements for someone to teach my adult Sunday School class and  jumped at the chance to go.  As you may remember, my previous blog entry described a dream that brought on a persistent pining for my friend Dave and his family.  

Dan and I left about noon on Sunday and met Dave at an agreed upon destination where he scooped me up.   Like a tall drink of water on a scorching day, the long overdue visit was every bit as pleasant as I had imagined it would be.  

Sadly, Dave and I did not find ourselves participating in any garage band performances as my dream had implied, but their home is lovely, beautifully decorated as only Gil could, and their children were so delightful, it made me miss my own little ones that I left behind for all of 36 hours.  I stayed in an amazingly comfortable guest room and even slipped in a nap today!  We did what friends do . . . we hugged, we ate, we chatted about nothing of any significance and yet, it was exactly what I needed to make my dream come true.

Dan and I safely arrived back home tonight at 9pm (as he predicted) and I am now content to carry on with my abundantly blessed life.  Thank you one and all!!


2 comments:

Mindi said...

How nice..im glad your dream came true!!!

Chelle said...

Hey, 36 hours is something to us babies back at home! We missed ya!!