Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

With every passing day that I approach the possibility of meeting my Maker, I grow to love Easter more. Without the hope of a resurrection, life would be impossible to bear. Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die. And yet, not only will the righteous to resurrected, but ALL. With that, I want to post my annual Ukrainian Folk Tale . . . it helps me wrap my mind around the connection between the Savior's sacrifice and decorating eggs, which is a tradition we have always enjoyed so I'm glad it is deemed appropriate:

UKRAINIAN FOLK TALE

"One day a poor peddler went to the marketplace to sell a basket of eggs. He came upon a crowd mocking a man who staggered with a heavy cross on which he was about to be crucified. The peddler ran to his aid, leaving the basket by the roadside. When he returned, he found the eggs transformed into exquisite designs of bright colors. The man was Christ; the peddler, Simon. And the eggs were to become the symbol of rebirth for all mankind."

I hope we spend this day with those we love, rejoicing in the season of hope and blessed reunions. Happy Easter!

No comments: