Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Birth of Pyromania


Bringing in the New Year may not be what you would describe as exciting, but I personally can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be or anyone I'd rather be with than here at home with three of my grandbabies.  Today is Ella's birthday as well, so we put together her cake and after eating some of it, they began to "lick" their mother.  Jen absolutely hates being licked and Jon used to do it, knowing full well how much she disliked it.  Her brother Aaron also enjoys torturing Jen that way.  You will notice in the pictures, Jen is doing her level best to fend them off.   Then, we spent quality time playing with the candles outside (to include the hoola hoops) and creating a makeshift fire from dead leaves.  We did it for a half-hour, but even if we'd done it for 24 hours, they would have not wanted to quit.  They loved it.  I know because Ella kept telling me,"Nana, I love you!" and Brennan kept saying to himself, "Awesome!!"  Their "Poppy", my Mike (the fireman) would be so proud if he were here, that we were creating precious little pyromaniacs.  We are surely blessed, but I am hoping 2009 is more kind to us than 2008 was.

1 comment:

Jen said...

The kids had so much fun at your house tonight. Thanks!